Thursday, August 7, 2008

Things for Other People

In my mind, there is a large category of things that I call Things for Other People. These are things that I understand other people like, but I do not personally enjoy. Most of them just seem uninteresting to me, despite their (perhaps justified) popularity.

Sports
Cussing
Alcohol
Drugs
Prime Rib
Spirituality
School spirit
Most movies
Most television
Youtube
Most music
Dancing
Swimming
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Shakespeare
The Bible
Bible criticism
Jesus
Motivational talk
Inspirational talk
Coffee
Photography
Pre-modern art
Puns
Pi
Poetry

Was there any particular point to this list? I guess not.

So, um, any thoughts? Off-topic is fine, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of these things, like say, photography, dancing, and/or sports, maybe you could stretch yourself and see what you are missing. Over the years, much enjoyment in life comes from learning to enjoy what you previously did not. Obviously, I am not making the same suggestion for all of the things you listed, such as drugs.

miller said...

I could see myself getting into photography, but it's unlikely. I'm not dead set against any of these, really, except maybe alcohol and drugs.

Anonymous said...

I notice that you didn't mention Star Trek. There is hope for you yet!